Electrochemical sensors and sensor systems
Head - Dr. Linyucheva O.
The developed sensors and generators of a unified series of NTUU "KPI", which surpass the best world samples. On the basis of developing devices and systems for continuous monitoring of air in the industry, as well as medical and other purposes in Ukraine, Russia, Belarus and Germany..
Methods and instruments for Corrosion measurement in technological environments
Head – Dr., professor Gerasimenko Y.
1. Corrosion monitoring of water technological environments
1. Development and improvement of methods of determining the corrosion rate of metals: the polarization resistance method, the method of nonlinear polarization and others.
2. Development of instruments and means of corrosion monitoring: corrosion rate probes, secondary instrumentation -corometers. In particular, specialists of the department in collaboration with the Kyiver instrument-making enterprises developed the polarization resistance indicators P5126, portable corrosion rate indicators PIC-1, PIC-2, a stationary corrosion rate indicators SIK-2.
3. Corosivity estimation of technological environments: water of water channels for different cities of Ukraine, the hot water in heating and hot water supply systems of cities, circule water supply enterprises. Development of corrosion reduction recommendations
2. Metal corrosion protection with natural components of corrosion media
1. Magnesium protection method: promotion of carbonate layers formation with protective properties on the steel corroding surface by electrochemical introduction of magnesium ions. Magnesium protection units for corrosion protection of pipes in hot water supply systems Schit-1, 2, 4 and water heating systems – Schit - 3, 5 were developed by the specialists of the department. The production of units established on small enterprises in Kyiv. Units are implemented in the construction of housing.
2. Protection of heat exchange equipment from corrosion by thin layers of hardness salts formed in an ultrasonic field. The ultrasonic devices for scale removal and prevention of scale formation on heat transfer surfaces are developed (ZVUK-3).
Metals and alloys electrodeposition
Head - Dr. Donchenko M.
Studies on the metal’s contact exchange allowed to solve the problem of extraction of non-ferrous and heavy metals from wastewater of electroplating industry.
A technological processes is proposed and equipment for deposition of impurities in a form of a compact metal suitable for recycling is designed.
Most developments are introduced in the industry.
Along with this fundamental work is done on the further development of the theory of electrodeposition of metals and alloys coprecipitation in the presence of surfactants.
The researches on coating precipitation under nonstationary electrolysis are conducted. The investigation allowed to adjust the properties of coatings and improve the technological characteristics of electrolytes for copper and silver plating and allowed to plate at high speed shiny coatings with low concentration or without any brighteners.
Інгібіторні методи захисту металів
Head – PhD. Pogrebova I.
Developed and implemented:
– Inhibitors of acid corrosion of ferrous and nonferrous metals series of KPI, SP, SPH;
– Corrosion inhibitors which increase the operation time and improve the characteristics of chemical power sources;
– Anode corrosion inhibitors of manganese-zinc elements (MZE) with saline and alkaline electrolytes;
– Corrosion Inhibitors for lead-zinc anodes and lead-cadmium anodes for reserve power sources;
– Inhibitors-biocides for microbial metal corrosion in closed water-salt systems;
– Corrosion inhibitors to enhance the protective action of thermodiffusional coatings on steels;
– Metal corrosion inhibitors based on "green technologies";
– Inhibitors of passivation type;
– Corrosion inhibitors for gas and oil Industry.